SkinMedica AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser
When? AM & PM as first product in skin care routine, as tolerated.
How? Moisten skin with warm water. Apply small amount of cleanser to fingertips, add a little water, and then gently exfoliate using small circular motion over face. Use warm water to rinse thoroughly.
Where? Apply to entire face. Note: avoid eyes. If contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly with water.
PROPERTIES & KEY BENEFITS
- Creamy texture
- Loosens and exfoliates off dead skin
- Gives brighter, smoother appearance (improves texture and tone)
- AHA-glycolic acid & BHA-salicylic acid (both fruit acids) combination makes product special because it allows for exfoliation & for revealing of more youthful appearance and addresses acne
WHO SHOULD USE?
- Appropriate for all skin types
- Great for acne prone skin (why? because of salicylic acid)
- Pregnancy warning! Do not use during pregnancy (Why? salicylic acid)
- Sunburn alert! Alpha-Hydroxy Acids (AHA) (common AHA = glycolic acid) increases sun sensitivity: use daily sunscreen
- If you notice this is making you dry, switch to once daily or add moisturizer to daily routine.
- Caution in patients with rosacea
- If skin irritation develops, discontinue use and consult Novice Group Dermatology